Thursday, July 1, 2010

Anything Can Happen In the Blink Of An Eye


I was looking at my photo cards recently, because I am working to create more - of various places I've visited around the globe to go into the new online shop my Mom and I are starting together. And I came across the ones from my trip to Greece.

Greece was always this amazing place in my mind, that I would "someday" go. I didn't even put it onto my 5 or 10 year plan, because I felt it was that out of reach. Then one day, someone I was working with asked me if I would like to go to Athens in his place, to do new manager orientation for the new european managers. Of course I said yes, and within 2 weeks, I was in Greece.

That experience was amazing for many many reasons. And I grew a lot, both professionally and personally. I was in a foreign land, spoke none of the language, and when I took the time to travel, was traveling on my own. But as always happens in Europe when traveling, I met many friendly people and had a really amazing time. Made all the more incredible, because a few weeks earlier I was in the States, nursing a broken heart, and feeling like life was heavy and sad.

So every now and then, if I'm feeling a little down, and thinking nothing I'm doing is getting me from point A to point B at quite the speed I'd like - I look at my pictures of the Athena Temple in Athens - and relax. Because you never know, things can change for the better, for the wondrous, in a few seconds. That's the beauty of life.

For another positive post see The Power Of Time Off

No comments:

Post a Comment